They have ALOT of differences.....Not saying that I hate Joker because of this. I'm a fan of BOTH! Its just that, Some one had to make this........
is from Batman
You may use this stamp if you want to and if you agree with me. XD
A LOT OF TIMES
Luckily it was different this year
I only found out about the story of Jeff the Killer today, and after reading the story, especially the descriptions of his appearance, I can easily see why he is considered a ripoff, or to put it more gently, at least "inspired" by the Joker character.
Since I only found the story today, the only resource I have found giving me clues as to when this story was created was from knowyourmeme.
Pale skin is nothing new (especially where horror is concerned) but white skin brought about by a chemical fusion was Joker’s before it was Jeff’s, as well as the self-mutilation of creating a smile in "The Dark Knight" which (according to the only source I could find) was released about half a year before Jeff the Killer even began to get off the ground. The hair is kind of a moot point, since green hair gives Joker more of an identity, and is not necessary, nor encouraged, to be implemented on Jeff. The only things left setting them apart is the burned eyelids/leathery skin which has been in many things, but at least wasn't applicable to the Joker, unless my Joker knowledge is lacking.
In terms of insanity, they do differ. Where Joker is more of a genius/criminal mastermind who finds people's despair humorous, Jeff is someone who's overly fond of the power and thrill of killing, which is typical of a horror story and not of a comic (other than Zsasz which has already been pointed out.) In measuring which is darker...I'm not sure it can be done. It comes down to the extent they will go for what they desire, which I think for both is limitless. Jeff would kill anyone, not caring who it saddens, and Joker would humiliate or depress his target, not caring if he kills others in the process. If I was forced to decide, I would probably say Joker was darker, but that would only be due to his extreme intelligence and presence of mind, knowing exactly what he's doing and aware of what/who/how it will affect, whereas Jeff morphed into somewhat of a mindless killing machine.
In terms of appearance, I would argue that Jeff is not EXACTLY the same, but is very heavily inspired by Joker. In terms of character, Jeff is different than Joker, but heavily inspired by a majority of horror characters, unless the writer had a thing for Batman, in which case Jeff may have been inspired by Zsasz.
-He has an actual name
-He wash't raised in an abusive household
-He doesn't steal
-There's no "good guy" as his arch-nemesis
-He did the face-scars to himself, it wasn't acid.
-He's a teenager
-He wears a hoodie, not a suit
-He doesn't have a girlfriend who he abuses
-He has a fangirl mob the size of Texas
The 2008 one is WAY more dumber and makes no sense than the 2011 version
- 12 year-old having guns in a nice neighbourhood
- 12 year-olds mugging people without being reported
- Jeff being able to punch someone in the heart (the story actually said that)
- Jeff's parents having no character and trying to kill their child when they could send him to a nuthouse
- Jeff killing Liu when he wanted to protect him
- Jeff burning his eyelids off without causing lasting damage to his eyes
- Jeff cutting his mouth without hitting any nerves or vains
- Bleach burning people
- Jeff's hair becoming black after being burned
- Alchohol completely burning a room and a person when it was only a bottle
- The way the doctors acted
- The way the police acted
- The fact that Liu was taken to Juvenile Hall right away
- The fact that the police can't tell the difference between self-inflicted injuries and being stabbed by a child
- Jeff's knife somehow going through his mom and then his dad
- The fact that all of this happened in a nice neighbourhood
- There is still a lot more crap
- Using a photoshopped picture of a suicide victim because the person who made it was a dick
Things wrong with the 2008 one:
- Acid burning Jeff's face like that
I prefer the 2008 version
- Jeff was going to clean his tub with acid, WITH ACID! IT WOULD JUST MELT THROUGH THE TUB!
- A bar of soap MAGICLLY appeared on the floor
- Yes, I'm glad you mentioned the acid thing, but his face wouldn't end up like the face we all know, it would just leave a skull
- He was in a washroom, there would be soap
The acid thing was funny though, so that makes up for it.
Whoever says that Jeff is a Joker rip off needs to shut up.
A really bad day.
depth (Sorry Jeff fans, but Joker's been around longer and is way deeper than Jeff ever could be at this point in time)
Darkness (once again, sorry jeff fans, but Joker is way worse.)
Harley. Jeff has nobody except himself. The Joker has Harley.